Vital Statistics

Vital Statistics

We provide Vital Statistics documents for the following:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Death Certificate

To qualify to order certificates or certified copies:

  • You must be personally present in our office
  • Have valid Photo Identification
  • Meet eligibility requirements

Marriage Licence

We provide marriage licences to those getting married within Alberta. Marriage licences are valid for 90 days. To obtain a marriage licence:

  • Complete the Marriage Application form
  • Both applicants must be present
  • When returning the Marriage Application form to our office bring valid ID

If you were previously married and now divorced you will need to provide a copy of the divorce certificate or we will accept a faxed copy.

Legal Name Change

To apply for a Legal name change you will need the Legal Name Change Application form. These forms are available at our office.
For more information on Legal Name Changes please visit the Service Alberta Government website.