Driver License And Vehicle Registration
All driver licence services are to be done in person.
A driver licence must be renewed before it expires. To renew your licence you will need to bring the following:
- Existing driver licence
- Second piece of recordable, traceable identification is required if licence is expired for more than 6 months
- If your class of licence or medical condition requires it, you will need to provide a completed driver medical form
When coming in regarding your driver licence, always be prepared to have your picture taken.
To change your address come into the Registry with your licence
Lost or Stolen Driver Licence/ID Card
Please report a lost or stolen driver licence by coming into the Registry with identification.
Learners’ Test and Knowledge Test
We do all classes of knowledge tests – 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and 7
Persons under 18 are required to show a birth certificate and one other piece of ID or a passport and have a parent with them to write/obtain a learners licence or an ID card.
Persons over 18 are required to show a birth certificate or passport and a second piece of ID, along with proof of Alberta Residency in order to write/obtain a learners licence or an ID card.
Road Test Services
- Email Us For Appointment At: Ponokareg@ponokaregistry.com
- Book A Road Test Here
- We offer class 4, 5, 5 Advanced , 6 for road tests.
- All class 1,2,3 are provided by a government approved location.
To obtain your Drivers Abstract you can do the following:
- Visit our office and complete the Request for Personal Driving and Motor Vehicle Information from.
- Give consent to someone you know by filling out the Drivers Abstract Consent form.
- If you cannot obtain the Drivers Abstract yourself and are not able to get anyone you know who resides within Alberta to get your Drivers Abstract you can fill out Notarized Request for Personal Information form and have it Notarized. You must also have a copy of your ID Notarized. The Notarized form, Notarized copy of your ID, and a Money Order for $45.50 must be mailed to us.
For more information visit
We provide registration for all motor vehicles, trailers, motorcycles and off-highway vehicles.
We are able to renew your registration, issue and transfer plates, order personalized plates.
To Transfer or Obtain new plates we requre:
- Proof of ownership: The Bill of Sale (BOS) or Lease Agreement must be signed by both parties
The NVIS (New Vehicle Information Statement) must be presented with the BOS or Lease Agreement
- Proof of valid insurance (not required for trailers)
- All owners on the ownership document are required to be present or provide authorization for someone else to do the service on their behalf by filling out the Authorization form
To Renew Your Plates we require:
- Your renewal notice or your current/last registration
- Proof of valid Insurance
- If there are changes to be made all owners must be present or provide authorization for someone else to do the service on their behalf by filling out the Authorization form
Lost or stolen plates, registration or yearly stickers
If your plates, registration or yearly stickers have been lost or stolen the registered owner or owners must be present at the office to replace the missing item. A fee may apply. All registered owners must attend. If one cannot written authorization must be given.We offer class 4, 5, 5 Advanced , 6 for roadtests .